Barramundi and vegetables in yellow curry
Wild caught Barramundi and Vegetables in Yellow Curry is ideal to serve at a bbq or an Asian themed dinner party. So quick, easy and moreish, this beautifully mellow fish curry will feed 12-15 people. Other types of fish you can use are Kingfish, Nannygai, Mackerel, Snapper and Swordfish.
Ingredients − Serves 12 to 15
- 4 kg wild caught barramundi sides, cut into thick fillets. You can also use Kingfish, Nannygai, Mackerel, Snapper or Sweet Lip.
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 heaped tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Turmeric Spice Magic
- 4 stalks lemongrass chopped into four cm pieces
- 4 big white onions, minced
- 2 jars Latasha’s Kitchen Indonesian Turmeric Kari Paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 litre Ayam coconut cream
- 2 litres water
- 6 large ruby blue potatoes, cut into medium slices
- Three broccolini
- Couple of handfuls green beans
- 2 bunches baby bok choy
- Couple of handfuls sugar snaps
- 4 to 6 green and red chillies, sliced (or to taste)
- Bunch fresh coriander leaves
- Store bought fried garlic and fried shallots
$107.40View / Buy Now
- Heat a large cooking vessel with capacity for eight litres, it needs to be wide and deep.
- Add coconut oil then lemongrass and heat until fragrant. Next add onions, salt and Latasha’s Kitchen Turmeric Spice Magic and cook for 15 mins on low.
- Pour in both jars of Latasha’s Kitchen Indonesian Turmeric Kari Paste, rinse both out with water, add to the pan and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add coconut cream and water to the pan, bring to a simmer, add potato slices and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Place barramundi fillets over the potatoes and poach for 3 to 5 minutes depending on thickness. Carefully arrange broccolini, bok choy and green beans over the fish, cover and allow to steam for about three minutes. Gently add sugar snaps and chillies, cook for 1 minute longer.
- Serve garnished with fresh coriander, fried garlic and fried shallots.
TIP: You can also add prawns, mussels or cuttlefish.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.