Madras Chicken in Green Sauce
Madras Chicken in Green Sauce is a wonderful, herby and fresh way to enjoy moist chicken tenderloins. Use leftovers in a wrap for lunch or piled on top of a keto friendly base.
Ingredients − Serves 4 to 6 depending on other dishes served
- 1.2 kg chicken tenderloins or thigh fillets, skin on or off
- 1 heaped tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Madras Curry Paste
- 1 heaped tbsp Ayam coconut cream
- 3 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 or 4 stalks curry leaves, stripped
- 1 large red onion, finely minced
- 1 jar Latasha’s Kitchen Green Coriander Sauce
- Small bag baby spinach
- Small bunch of English Mint
- 1 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Madras Curry Paste
- ½ cup full fat yoghurt or use coconut cream if preferred
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ tsp Latasha’s Kitchen Garam Masala
- Juice of half a lime
$113.40View / Buy Now
- Combine marinade ingredients and marinate chicken for for 20-30 minutes.
- Pre-heat fan forced oven to 180˚C.
- Roast chicken in pre-heated oven for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a deep frypan add ghee (or coconut oil) and fry bay leaves, curry leaves and onion for 10-12 minutes.
- Using a blender make the yoghurt (or coconut) coriander sauce by blending Latasha’s Kitchen Green Coriander Sauce, baby spinach and mint along with yoghurt (or coconut cream) until smooth.
- When onions are cooked, add Latasha’s Kitchen Madras Curry Paste, Kashmiri chilli powder and tomato to the pan and cook for about 10 minutes over low heat.
- When chicken is ready, add to the pan, cover and simmer for flavours to incorporate, about 5 minutes. Remove lid and stir in the yoghurt (or coconut) coriander, spinach and mint sauce. Sprinkle with Latasha’s Kitchen Garam Masala.
- Serve with a squeeze of lime juice.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.