Sticky Sweet Baby Aubergines
Sticky Sweet Baby Aubergines pairs beautifully with hot roast meat, vegetables or fish and as a cold filling for salad wraps. Can be served with cold roast lamb and tahini, yoghurt or hummus. They are also delightful mixed with 2 kg boiled chickpeas as a salad.
- 2 kg baby eggplants, trimmed, sliced in half then cut diagonally into four pieces.
- ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Red Chilli Onion Relish
- Sunflower or peanut oil
- 2 star anise
- 3 firm tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 3 red chillies, sliced diagonally
- ¼ cup Tamari or gluten free soy sauce
- 1 medium red and 1 medium white onion, cut into thin wedges
- Generous handful fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds, toasted
$113.40View / Buy Now
- Pre-heat fan forced oven to 185˚C.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Add baby eggplants to oven tray, drizzle with sunflower or peanut oil, and cook in the oven for about 15-20 mins until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile heat a wok to hot, add 3-4 tbsp oil and star anise then flash fry tomatoes, onions and chillies.
- Add Latasha’s Kitchen Red Chilli Onion Relish, Tamari and roasted eggplant.
- Serve drizzled with sesame oil, sesame seeds and heaps of fresh coriander.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.