Sticky Sweet Baby Aubergines
Sticky Sweet Baby Aubergines pairs beautifully with hot roast meat, vegetables or fish and as a cold filling for salad wraps. Can be served with cold roast lamb and tahini, yoghurt or hummus. They are also delightful mixed with 2 kg boiled chickpeas as a salad.
- 2 kg baby eggplants, trimmed, sliced in half then cut diagonally into four pieces.
- ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Red Chilli Onion Relish
- Sunflower or peanut oil
- 2 star anise
- 3 firm tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 3 red chillies, sliced diagonally
- ¼ cup Tamari or gluten free soy sauce
- 1 medium red and 1 medium white onion, cut into thin wedges
- Generous handful fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds, toasted
$15.90 – $90.00View / Buy Now
- Pre-heat fan forced oven to 185˚C.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Add baby eggplants to oven tray, drizzle with sunflower or peanut oil, and cook in the oven for about 15-20 mins until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile heat a wok to hot, add 3-4 tbsp oil and star anise then flash fry tomatoes, onions and chillies.
- Add Latasha’s Kitchen Red Chilli Onion Relish, Tamari and roasted eggplant.
- Serve drizzled with sesame oil, sesame seeds and heaps of fresh coriander.