Coriander Potato Masala with Truffle Mustard
This is a beautiful curried masala dish with a hint of truffle mustard that is moreish and comforting. Serve this dish as a simple everyday meal with Indian chappatis, rice and creamy black dhal. Elevate it brilliantly as part of an Indian table feast by serving it alongside the following suggested side dishes.
- Fresh tangy kochumber
- Beetroot or cucumber raita
- Skewered and grilled fish, chicken, lamb or paneer tikka masala
- Black dhal
Ingredients − Serves 4
- 12 new potatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, peeled and sliced into diagonal chunky shapes
- 1 medium carrot – sliced into diagonal chunky shapes
- 4 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 6 sprigs fresh curry leaves – leaves removed and finely shredded
- ½ large brown onion, finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 long green chilli, finely minced
- Salt to taste
- 1½ heaped tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Coriander Curry Paste
- 2 tbsp truffle mustard cream
- 1 tbsp Mutti brand tomato paste
- ½ cup Ayam brand coconut cream
- ⅓ cup water
- Bunch of fresh chopped coriander leaves
$18.90 – $110.00View / Pre-Order Now
- Bring water and some salt to a boil. Place whole potatoes into the water carefully and boil for 20 minutes. Drain and leave to cool slightly, then peel and halve in a diagonal shape.
- In a small chopper mince together onion, garlic and green chillies until fine.
- Heat oil in a large deep fry pan over medium-high heat. Add shredded curry leaves and fry until aromatic (about 30 seconds) then add minced onion, garlic and chilli mixture. Next add a good pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally until it’s soft, golden and caramelised (8 minutes).
- Next add Latasha’s Kitchen Coriander Curry Paste, a few tablespoons of water, mustard cream and tomato paste and stir until fragrant (4 minutes). Now add carrots and coconut cream, mix well then cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Add zucchini and boiled potatoes, combine well and allow the flavours to develop, add water and a pinch more salt then bring to a gentle simmer for approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Check seasoning.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander.