Coconut Fish and Zucchini Turmeric Curry
Warm up with this nice and easy fragrant fish curry, made special by the addition of selected sweet vegetables and rich coconut cream. Serve on steamed rice, topped with crispy fried shallots, coriander and add slices of fresh red chillies for a kick.
Ingredients − Serves 2-3
- 2 tbsp oil
- Curry leaves from 2 sprigs
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 cm ginger, pounded to a paste
- 4 cloves garlic, pounded to a paste
- 3 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Turmeric Spice Magic
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 baby eggplant, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup sliced carrots (or use diced butternut pumpkin)
- 400 ml can coconut cream
- 200 ml water
- 500 g firm white fish fillets (such as cod, barramundi, king fish, mackerel or snapper) cut into 3 cm pieces
- Salt to taste
- Small bunch coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp fried shallots to garnish
- 2 red chillies, sliced (optional)
$12.00View / Buy Now
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté curry leaves and onions, with a pinch of salt and cook on low for 8 minutes until onions are translucent and just starting to get golden brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste, stir for 2 minutes then add Latasha’s Kitchen Turmeric Spice Magic curry powder, and 1/4 cup water. Fry this mixture on low heat until fragrant, continuously stirring for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the eggplant, carrots (or pumpkin) then stir in coconut cream and water while scraping up the spices and onion from the bottom of the saucepan. Bring the contents of the pan to a gentle simmer, then cook covered with a lid for 5 minutes until eggplant and carrots are nearly cooked.
- Add the fish and zucchini slices, a pinch of salt and gently simmer covered for another 8-10 minutes or until the fish and zucchini are cooked, but not overcooked.
- Sprinkle curry with fresh chopped coriander, fried shallots and sliced red chillies (optional) and serve over rice.