Cauliflower chicken burgers with Mint Chimichurri
These cauliflower and chicken burgers are topped with our green chimichurri with an added kick of fresh mint. It makes a lovely, healthy midweek meal.
Ingredients − Serves 4
For the patties
- 300 g cauliflower florets
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly bashed
- 1 large lemongrass stalk, (bottom section) remove any tough outer layers − finely sliced
- Stems and roots of 2 small coriander bunches
- 1 tsp white peppercorn, roughly ground
- 1 egg yolk
- 500 g coarse chicken mince
- 6 preferred burger rolls, halved and toasted
- 1 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Red Chilli Onion relish mixed with 2 tbsp mayo or aioli
- Mixed lettuce leaves, baby spinach
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced or peeled with a vegetable peeler into ribbons
Mint Chimichurri Dressing
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Green Chimichurri Sauce/Marinade
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Haloumi Slices
- Onion rings
- Avocado slices
$19.90View / Buy Now
- Process cauliflower florets, coriander stems/roots, white pepper, garlic, lemongrass and egg yolk in a food processor until finely minced.
- Combine cauliflower mixture with chicken mince in a large bowl. Season well with salt. Wet hands and shape the mixture into 6 patties.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush or spray pan with oil. Cook patties for 5 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Keep warm.
- To make the chimichurri dressing: process fresh mint until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and stir through Latasha’s Kitchen Green Chimichurri. Add the minced shallot and oil. Keep aside.
- Brush bases of rolls with chilli mayo or aioli mixture.
- Top each with lettuce, pan fried patty and cucumber ribbons. Spoon over some mint chimichurri.
- Cover with tops of rolls and enjoy.