Bumbu Nasi Babi – Turmeric Pork with Rice
An easy one pot dinner that can be prepped up in advance and assembled at cooking time. You can also change the proteins to chicken, steak or use only vegetables and boiled eggs. Tasty, flavoursome and one the whole family can dig into as its not very spicy.
Ingredients − Serves 4
- 750 g pork medallions, diced
- 1 tbsp Chef’s Choice gluten free soya sauce
- 400 ml can coconut cream
- 4 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Indonesian Turmeric Kari Paste
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 brown onion, finely minced
- 400 g Japanese pumpkin, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 100 g green beans, trimmed, cut into 3 cm pieces diagonally
- 1 bunch fresh coriander sprigs, roughly chopped
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 tbsp fried shallots
- Lime wedges, to serve
$13.90View / Buy Now
- Combine pork with soy sauce, ¼ cup coconut cream and 2 tablespoon Latasha’s Kitchen Indonesian Turmeric Kari Paste in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- Heat a large 4 litre flameproof roasting pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoon coconut oil and cook pork, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until meat is browned and caramelised. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Heat another tablespoon of coconut oil in same pan over medium heat. Add onion, cook stirring over medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add 2 tablespoons Latasha’s Kitchen Indonesian Turmeric Kari Paste and a 1/4 cup water. Cook this mixture for 5 minutes on low until fragrant. Add pumpkin and rice. Stir to coat gently. Add remaining coconut cream and 2 cups water. Bring to a quick rolling boil, then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Cover with foil. Transfer to oven and bake for 25 minutes or until rice is almost cooked.
- Carefully stir sliced green beans into rice mixture. Top with pork. Then cover and bake for a further 15 minutes until pork is just cooked through and rice is soft.
- Sprinkle with coriander, chilli and shallots. Serve with lime wedges.