Biriyani mushrooms and chickpeas
Need a breakfast change? Try this easy and delicious Biriyani mushrooms and chickpeas recipe.
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp Latasha’s Kitchen Biriyani Masala Paste
- 12 curry leaves (optional − I used them as I have some in the garden)
- 1½ cups cooked or canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 8-10 medium sized mushrooms, sliced (you can also buy them pre-sliced)
- 1-2 tomatoes, diced
- Heat the butter, Latasha’s Kitchen Biriyani Masala Paste and curry leaves over gentle heat and slowly sizzle for a few minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium, add the tomatoes, mushrooms and chickpeas then cook for ten minutes or until the mushrooms are ready.
Great with eggs − use 1-2 per person depending on appetites
- A plain omelette OR omelette with chives or leftover sweet potato OR eggs anyway you fancy.
- Garnish with diced avocado for a creamy finish.
If you have time … I like to serve this with a simple two minute vegetable dish − Onion, capsicum and greens
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 red capsicum, finely sliced
- Handful of greens, finely sliced
- Heat the oil.
- Throw everything in and stir fry for 2 minutes.