- 2 cups packed full of finely grated fresh beetroot that has been either roasted or boiled. Remember to cook with skin on, then peel and grate when cool.
- 1 cup full fat yoghurt, whipped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or mustard oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp split urud dahl
- ½ tsp fenugreek seeds
- 2 dried red chillies, broken
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 tbsp round slices of green chillies
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 2 stalks curry leaves
- Pinch of cumin and chilli powder
- 2 tsp grated palm sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp crushed black mustard seed powder
- Small bunch of coriander leaves
- Mix the beetroot with the yoghurt as soon as it is grated.
- Heat coconut or mustard oil until hot in deep pan, add mustard seeds, urud dahl, fenugreek and dry red chillies.
- Then add the shallots, green chillies, ginger, curry leaves, cumin and chilli powders and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the prepared beetroot and yoghurt mixture into the pan, gently heat through and serve.
- Sprinkle sugar, salt and the crushed mustard. And garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.