Vindaloo Fish Skewers
Skewering food is such a quick, delicious and healthy way to prepare and eat mid week family meals loaded with protein and fresh colourful vegetables. Not only do they bring the family together, skewers can be customised according to personal preferences.
- ⅓ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Vindaloo Masala Paste
- 2 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil
- 300 g firm fish fillets such as swordfish, snapper or kingfish
- 1 zucchini
- 15 brown or white mushrooms
- 2 punnets cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup full fat yoghurt or coconut cream, whipped with a fork
- Salt to taste
- Juice of a small lemon
- 2-3 tbsp white vinegar
- Bamboo skewers (soaked overnight)
- Extra whipped yoghurt to drizzle.
- Mix ⅓ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Vindaloo Masala Paste with Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil, vinegar and salt for a fiery flavour or with whipped yoghurt (or coconut cream), lemon juice and salt for a smooth creamy marinade option.
- Mix your choice of chicken, fish or vegetables with the marinade for 10-15 minutes.
- Skewer fish, chicken or zucchini and mushroom pieces and alternate with cherry tomatoes and grill until cooked.
- This marinade can also be used for a variety of seafood such as prawns, squid, baby octopus or even whole fish such as snapper, flathead, barramundi or red emperor.
Tips: Add some honey for a smoother, sweeter marinade. Marinated seafood can also be stir-fried in a wok with a splash of Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil, pan-fried or baked in a very hot oven.