Vegan Chilli Lime Curry
Amiria Love of Soulful Vegan Cooking created this delightful recipe with her favourite Latasha’s Kitchen Indonesian Kari Paste. Chilli and Lime, what a combo! Try it yourself for a nutritious meal with a wholesome exotic flavour.
- 3 medium Potatoes cut into 2-3cm cubes
- 3 Carrots
- 1/3 head of Broccoli
- 250g Firm Tofu, drained, cut into 3cm cubes & sprinkled in Himalayan salt
- 2 cups Coconut Cream
- 2-3 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Indonesian Kuri Paste
- 2 Lime leaves, ripped in half (or 1 Kaffir Lime leaf)
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Stock
- 2-3 tsp Tamari
- 1 Lime (for 1tbsp Lime juice and 1/2 -1 tsp Lime Zest)
- 1-2 small Red Chillies, sliced (or a drizzle of Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Seed powder
- 1-2 cups cooked Jasmine Rice
TIP: You can opt to include your choice of meat if you like, this recipe will be great with Chicken or Pork.
- Boil the potatoes and steam the carrots & broccoli until just soft.
- In a frying pan on high heat, fry tofu cubes in olive oil until each side is golden and crispy. Take off heat.
- In a cast iron pan on medium-high heat, bring coconut cream, Latasha’s Kitchen Indonesian Kuri Paste and lime leaves to a boil, mixing every 1-2mins.
- Once the coconut cream boils, add vegetable stock, tamari, lime juice, lime zest, chillies, spices and a pinch of Himalayan salt. Stir and simmer for 1-2 mins.
- Mix in potatoes, carrots, broccoli and tamari, mixing until everything is covered in the curry sauce.
- Let simmer on low heat for 10mins, stirring every couple minutes. Add extra tamari, lime juice and/or spices to taste.
Serve with jasmine rice and enjoy with loved ones.