Turmeric Coconut Prawn Curry
A stunning way to enjoy sweet Australian prawns in fragrant coconut turmeric curry. Such an easy dish to put together when you have our magical Turmeric Spice sitting in your pantry.
Simply squeeze over some lime juice and sprinkle with curry leaves and you have an incredible meal to feed a family of 4.
Ingredients − Serves 4
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2 medium brown onions, finely sliced
- 2 lemongrass stalks, bruised
- 30 g ginger (thumb size), finely grated
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds (soaked in warm water for ½ hr)
- 1-2 tamarind slice (soaked in warm water for ½ hr)
- 2 ripe Roma tomatoes, finely diced
- 4 sprigs of fresh curry leaves
- 3 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Turmeric Spice Magic blend
- 400 ml Ayam coconut cream
- 200 ml water
- 1 kg fresh banana prawns, deveined with tail left intact
- 2 fresh red chillies, split in two
- 2 fresh green chillies, split in two
- 2 tbsp Mega Chef gf soya sauce, to taste
- Steamed rice and cucumber slices to serve
- 1 stalk fresh curry leaves
- Lime wedges
$13.90 – $25.00View / Buy Now
- Heat oil in a deep large saucepan or wok over high heat. Add mustard seeds, wait for them to pop then add sliced onions and bruised lemongrass stalks. Cook on medium heat to soften onions with a pinch of salt for roughly 10 minutes.
- Next add minced ginger, fry for 2-3 minutes until fragrant and caramelised before adding garlic, curry leaves and fenugreek seeds,
- Stir-fry until fragrant and all ingredients are well combined. Add Latasha’s Kitchen Turmeric Spice Magic blend and stir continuously for around 2 minutes, then add diced tomatoes and cook until they start to soften around 3-4 minutes.
- At this point pour in the coconut cream, water, tamarind slices and sliced chilies. Bring to a quick boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer until well flavoured around 5 minutes. Add a pinch of salt,
- Add prawns and soya sauce and cook on medium heat until prawns turn pink, approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add a sprinkle of curry leaves and juice from ½ a lime.
- Serve with steamed rice, cucumber slices and more lime wedges.