Tray Baked Yellow Chicken Curry
A beautiful one tray dish that you can make with your preferred cut of chicken – what’s not to like?
Sometimes I make this dish with a whole butterflied chicken or even one that I have quartered into a couple of larger pieces. Serve this dish with rice, baguette or sourdough to mop up all the lovely juices. Simplicity with stunning flavours.
Ingredients − Serves 4
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- 4 white (pickling) onions, sliced
- 2 lemongrass stalk, bruised and white part finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2-3 fresh red chillies, ground
- 2 tbsp finely minced garlic
- 2 tbsp finely minced ginger
- 5 chicken Marylands, bone in skin on, and scored
- 3 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Turmeric Spice Magic
- 800 g sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 400 ml Ayam brand coconut milk
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp white pepper
- 100 ml Ayam coconut cream
- Bunch of coriander to garnish
- Juice of 1 lime
$17.90 – $214.80View / Buy Now
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat a deep large roasting/baking dish. Add oil, then braise onions with lemongrass and bay leaves for 10 minutes. Next add minced garlic, ginger and chilli paste, fry for 4-5 minutes then add chicken and fry for 2 minutes before sprinkling with Latasha’s Kitchen Turmeric Spice Magic.
- Transfer to the hot oven and bake for 15 minutes. Next add the sweet potatoes and carrots so they nestle between the chicken pieces. Meanwhile mix together chicken stock, coconut milk, soya sauce, fish sauce and white pepper.
- Pour this mixture over the chicken, then continue baking for 60 minutes or until the chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Halfway through turn the chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle with coriander and drizzle all over the tray bake dish with coconut cream and lime juice.
- Serve with French breads to mop up all the beautiful juices.