Roasted Rendang Cauliflower
These recipes were created by Kate from Kate Flower Food and photographed by Georgina Barker Photography
- For the first recipe Kate used a whole cauliflower. It was smothered in a combination of 1 jar of rich Latasha’s Kitchen Rendang Terlagi Lagi Paste and juice of half a lemon. Then baked in a pre-heated 180˚C oven for 1 hour (or until the outside is browned and a knife can easily pierce the cauliflower). After 30 minutes in the oven the cauliflower was dressed with the rest of the lemon juice.
- After being roasted the cauliflower can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. Use it as a side or as the star of the show. Pair with yoghurt, toasted nuts or seeds, pilaf, roti or sit beside some grilled meat, or even dollop with some coconut cream.
- For the second recipe, the Roasted Rendang Cauliflower was thickly sliced into steaks. The cauliflower steaks were then popped onto a pan fried roti over a layer of thick creamy yoghurt and topped with Latasha’s Kitchen Eggplant Kasaundi Chutney
- For the last dish, the Roasted Rendang Cauliflower was cut into small wedges. Tossed with lemon juice, olive oil, crisp fried curry leaves and toasted pepitas. The salad was placed on a bed of yogurt and finished with Latasha’s Kitchen Eggplant Kasaundi Chutney. Garnish with more pepitas for a further crunch. A great vegetarian comfort meal.
- The cauliflower can be basted with a combination of Latasha’s Kitchen Rendang Terlagi Lagi Paste and 100 ml coconut cream, 1 tbsp grated palm sugar and oven roasted. This version will suit vegans and can be enjoyed with rice or couscous, or in wraps with a green salad mix.
- Latasha’s Kitchen Rendang Terlagi Lagi Paste can also be used to marinate chunky vegetables like eggplant, sweet potato, pumpkin, potato and fennel. Combine the vegetables, use more coconut cream and coconut oil then bake in a hot pre-heated oven for at least an hour. Use creatively alongside other main dishes, turn into salads or puree into a thick soup.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.