Restorative Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
A soothing, nourishing Thai flavoured noodle soup. With a base of coconut broth infused with turmeric, aromatics and red curry paste this will surely chase away any winter blues.
Ingredients − Serves 4 to 6
- 400 ml coconut milk, well shaken
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 3 chicken drumsticks and 3 chicken thighs on the bone (each halved across the bone)
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bashed
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 cm ginger, sliced
- ½ tsp Latasha’s Kitchen Turmeric Spice Magic
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part only, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 shallots, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 birds eye red chillies, lightly bashed
- 1 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Thai Red Curry Paste
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 400 gm dried flat rice noodles, soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes to soften
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- Thinly sliced spring onion
- Chopped coriander
- Bean sprouts
- Store-bought dried shallots
- Dash Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil
- Store bought tamarind juice/sauce/puree
$15.90 – $90.00View / Buy Now
- In a large pot, simmer the chicken pieces in the combined coconut cream and milk with Latasha’s Kitchen Turmeric Spice Magic, lemongrass, lime leaves and ginger until it is just cooked, approx. 20 minutes. Separate the chicken from broth.
- In another large pot, heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add shallots, garlic, birds eye chillies, Latasha’s Kitchen Thai Red Curry Paste and a dash of water, then cook on low until fragrant.
- Pour in the coconut broth and chicken stock, bring to the boil and season to taste with salt.
- Meanwhile, cook the soaked noodles in a large pot of boiling water, drain and divide between individual bowls.
- Add chicken pieces back into the soup, stir and simmer until chicken is cooked through (5-6 minutes). Ladle soup over noodles and season with lime juice, fish sauce and soya sauce to taste.
- Top with spring onion, fresh coriander, bean sprouts, dried shallots, tamarind juice and drizzle over Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil.