Potato and Chickpea Turmeric Curry
Recipe from my neighbour’s daughter Hana Sarich, who made this wholesome tasty dish recently and brought some over for me to taste.
She had made some roti bread to accompany the curry. Needless to say for her recipe to appear here it was delicious and memorable with just the right amount of heat to warm me. I was on my way out for some chores when she brought it over but quickly turned back into my kitchen to greedily gobble it up. But the memory lingers.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Indonesian Turmeric Kari
- 7 x royal blue potatoes, chopped
- 1 x 400 g can Annalisa brand chickpeas, well rinsed in a colander
- 1½ cups water
- 400 ml good quality coconut milk
- ½ large fresh red chilli, minced or finely chopped
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Sea salt
- Curry leaves
- Gently heat some coconut oil and fry Latasha’s Kitchen Indonesian Turmeric Kari with the red chilli for 5 minutes.
- Add water, bring to a quick boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Next add potatoes, coconut milk, chickpeas and sea salt to taste.
- Simmer on low heat until the potatoes are soft and sauce has been reduced to a fairly thick consistency, around 20 minutess.
- Fry some curry leaves in a little oil and add as a garnish.
- Serve with roti breads and/or rice.
This is the link to the roti recipe Hana used:http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/roti-canai-2/1ae2d920-d730-42ac-829a-314056a672f0
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.