PEAR AND CHEESE WITH CARAMELISED APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
A perfect salad that takes just minutes to put together.
Ingredients − Serves 4
- 4 cups tightly packed mixed salad leaves
- 1 large ripe pear, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp Gorgonzola blue cheese or goats’ cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp candied walnuts or peanuts (instructions below)
- 2 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Caramelised Apple Cider Vinegar
Ingredients for Maple Candied Walnuts
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ cup walnut pieces
$13.90View / Buy Now
- Melt the butter over medium-low heat, then whisk in the maple syrup.
- Add the walnuts and let ’em cook, stirring often, until the maple syrup has caramelised the walnuts. This should take about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the salad greens in a serving bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl add the pear slices, cranberries, and gorgonzola cheese or goats’ cheese, toss together lightly then add the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the mixture on top of the mixed greens. Drizzle Latasha’s Kitchen Caramelised Apple Cider Vinegar over the salad.
- Finish by scattering over the candied walnuts.