Madras Sausage and Lentil Curry
A few snags, some veggies, tinned lentils and our premium quality curry paste; is all it takes to have this hearty, Madras Sausage and Lentil Curry on your family dinner table tonight.
Ingredients − Serves 4
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500 gm lean beef sausages – I used British Sausage Company premium lean gf sausages
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- ½ cup crushed radish (daikon)
- ¼ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Madras Curry Paste
- 1 tin Mutti Cherry tomatoes
- 1 tin brown lentils, drained or use 1 cup frozen green peas
- 150 ml water or stock
- 250 g baby spinach
- 2 red chillies, sliced optional
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves, plus extra sprigs to serve
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Steamed basmati rice
- Greek pot set natural full fat yoghurt
- Sliced cucumber or a fresh crisp salad
$13.90View / Buy Now
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook sausages, turning occasionally for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned all over and almost cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion and crushed radish to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until softened. Add Latasha’s Kitchen Madras Curry Paste then cook, stirring for 8 minutes or until a thick paste forms and it’s very fragrant.
- Thickly slice sausages into 3 pieces diagonally, add to pan stirring to coat in the paste.
- Next add tomatoes, lentils, water or stock. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes or until curry thickens slightly.
- Add spinach and sliced red chillies to curry. Simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in chopped coriander and squeeze lemon juice all over.
- Serve sausage curry with steamed basmati rice, coriander, yoghurt and cucumber or a fresh crisp salad.