Quick & Easy Singapore Curry Laksa
This Singapore curry laksa is easy with my Singapore curry laksa concentrate. You can have a wholesome and delicious curry in a hurry!
Please note that 180 g concentrate makes a total of 2 kg protein for 12 meals. There are 6 tablespoons in every jar and one tablespoon feeds two people. The recipe below is for 12 people.
Curry laksa, referred simply as Laksa, is a coconut-based curry soup. To make this:
- Blanch 1 kg yellow Laksa Noodles (or combine with rice vermicelli) and 400 g bean sprouts in hot boiling water for 5 seconds.
- Drain and divide into 12 noodle bowls.
- In a large stock pot, heat 3 tablespoons oil, add 1 jar (6 tablespoons) Latasha’s Kitchen Singapore Curry Laksa Paste, 1 jar (180 ml) water and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add 4 chicken drumsticks, halved and 4 thighs, quartered.
- Stir to coat chicken for 5 minutes, then add 4 cups water and bring to a quick boil. Simmer, covered until chicken is nearly cooked. Then add 1.5 litres coconut milk, 250 ml coconut cream, 12 tau fu pok halved, 6 fish cakes, thinly sliced, and 12 pieces each fish balls and raw prawns, deveined with tail intact.
- Cook on low heat, covered until oil floats to the top, approx. 10 minutes.
- Stir gravy gently then scoop into noodle bowls.
- Garnish with boiled halved egg, fresh coriander, lemon wedges and fresh cut chillies or Sambal Chilli as desired. Serve immediately.
Tip: If boneless chicken is preferred, use 750g boneless or cooked shredded chicken instead of chicken on the bone.
This can be cooled with 1 crushed onion cooked and caramelised in some oil right at the beginning before the paste is added. Coconut cream, coconut milk, coconut powder, good quality stock cubes and lemon juice are also used to lower the heat. To make it hotter just add extra crushed chilli paste at the beginning or garnish with loads of fresh cut chillies, chilli oil or chilli sambal.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.