Quick & Easy Classic Madras Curry
Latasha’s classic Madras is easy with her concentrated Madras Curry Paste. You can have a wholesome and delicious curry in a hurry!
Please note that 180 g concentrate makes 2 kg protein for 12 meals. There are 6 tablespoons in every jar and one tablespoon feeds two people. The recipe below is for 4-6 people.
- Marinate 1 kg diced meat or chicken with turmeric & salt.
- Heat 3 tbsp coconut oil, add a few springs curry leaves and one cup chopped onions or spring onions. When the onions start to caramelise, add ½ jar paste, 2 tomatoes, slices of green chillies and ½ cup water.
- Heat for 5 minutes then add marinated meat and brown meat all over.
- Add enough water to just cover meat and bring to a quick boil.
- Then simmer with lid on low heat until tender. Pour in 150ml of coconut cream, and cook for 5 minutes, uncovered.
- Or blend ½ cup yoghurt, fresh tomatoes, coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Gently combine into curry. Gravy should be reduced and thick.
- Garnish with fried dry whole chilies or chilli flakes, curry leaves and sliced shallots.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.