Quick & Easy Classic Madras Curry
Latasha’s classic Madras is easy with her concentrated Madras Curry Paste. You can have a wholesome and delicious curry in a hurry!
Please note that 180 g concentrate makes 2 kg protein for 12 meals. There are 6 tablespoons in every jar and one tablespoon feeds two people. The recipe below is for 4-6 people.
- Marinate 1 kg diced meat or chicken with turmeric & salt.
- Heat 3 tbsp coconut oil, add a few springs curry leaves and one cup chopped onions or spring onions. When the onions start to caramelise, add ½ jar paste, 2 tomatoes, slices of green chillies and ½ cup water.
- Heat for 5 minutes then add marinated meat and brown meat all over.
- Add enough water to just cover meat and bring to a quick boil.
- Then simmer with lid on low heat until tender. Pour in 150ml of coconut cream, and cook for 5 minutes, uncovered.
- Or blend ½ cup yoghurt, fresh tomatoes, coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Gently combine into curry. Gravy should be reduced and thick.
- Garnish with fried dry whole chilies or chilli flakes, curry leaves and sliced shallots.