LAMB ROAST WITH MINT CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
The all-natural spicy, garlicky rustic blend of Latasha’s Kitchen Green Chimichurri doubles up as a table sauce and a marinade. Take your marinades to another level by blending it with fresh mint, honey or orange juice, mango or pineapple. Perfect for any Sunday lamb roast or use as a dressing for salads, skewered foods or pizzas.
Ingredients − Serves 6
- 1 rolled boneless leg of lamb, roughly 1.5 kg
- 3 cloves garlic, each cut into 4 thick slivers
- 3 sprigs of rosemary, broken into 12 small sprigs
- Oil as required
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar Latasha’s Kitchen Green Chimichurri Sauce/Marinade
- 200 ml olive oil
- 30 fresh English mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Oven roasted cherry truss tomatoes
$13.90View / Buy Now
- Rub salt, pepper and oil all over the lamb.
- With a small sharp knife, make a dozen small incisions all over the lamb. Poke a sprig of rosemary through a sliver of garlic and insert in the slits in the meat.
- Blend the jar of Latasha’s Kitchen Green Chimichurri Sauce/Marinade with 200 ml olive oil and mint, until smooth and runny.
- Pour roughly ¼ of the sauce over the meat and marinate, covered, for about 6 hours.
- Store the remainder of the sauce in the fridge until the meat is cooked.
- Before roasting, allow your meat to come to room temperature. Then pre-heat your oven to 200˚C.
- Roast the marinated lamb for about an hour turning once until cooked to medium, or to your preferred doneness.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and allow to stand for 20 minutes. Take the remaining chimichurri sauce out of the fridge and leave to come to room temperature.
- Carve meat and place on a warm plate with the remainder of the chimichurri sauce drizzled all over the lamb.
- Serve with, baby potatoes and a fresh crunchy salad made of tinned black beans, corn kernels, roasted (peeled) capsicums, roasted onions, diced avocado, roasted zucchini and roasted truss cherry tomatoes.