Korma Cauliflower, Potato, Beans, Carrot & Peas Stew
A hearty vegetable curry with a stew like consistency and you can mix in other vegetables like eggplant, pumpkin, tomatoes or radish.
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced French, Butter or Snake beans
- 1 cup diced carrots
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- 2 green chillies, diced
- 2 cups water
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for blending
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut – optional
- ½ cup full fat yoghurt (or coconut cream)
- 1 tomato
- 2 tbsp raisins, soaked in some lemon juice
- Handful of coriander leaves
- Handful of mint leaves
- 10 cashew nuts
Ingredients for tempering
- Coconut or rice bran oil
- 3 cm cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 tsp fine rice flour
- 2 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Kuruma Masala Paste
- Cook vegetables in a deep pot with 2 cups of water and some salt. When the vegetables are nearly ready, add frozen peas and continue cooking until the peas are cooked through.
- Grind the ingredients for blending to obtain a smooth consistency. Keep aside.
- Heat a casserole pot with some coconut or rice bran oil. Add bay leaves, cinnamon stick and cumin seeds. When fragrant, add chopped shallots, and fry until shallots are caramelised. Add rice flour to the onion mixture and combine well.
- Next add 2 tablespoons of Latasha’s Kitchen Kuruma Masala Paste and 90 ml water. Cook for 10 minutes on low, then add the pre-cooked vegetables. Mix well, then add blended ingredients and simmer until well combined. Adjust salt to taste.
- Enjoy with rice or Indian breads.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.