King Prawn Skewers with Chilli Mayo
A light, Asian inspired platter that’s easy to assemble and full of flavour. Using fresh plump and juicy Australian prawns, and our famous red chilli relish and chilli oil.
Ingredients - Serves 8 as an entree
- 1 kg peeled King prawns, de-veined with tail removed − around 48 pieces
- 1 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 4 heaped tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Red Chilli Onion Relish
- 2-3 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil
- 1 tsp grainy mustard
- Salt and black pepper
- ½ large orange, juiced
- Loads of fresh coriander, some minced and some roughly chopped as a garnish
- Wooden skewers, at least a dozen required
$15.90 – $90.00View / Buy Now
- Soak 12 wooden skewers in water for at least 24 hours.
- Clean prawns then pat dry with paper towels.
- In a mixing bowl add the mayo, Latasha’s Kitchen Red Chilli Onion Relish, grainy mustard and Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil. Mix well to form a thick marinade.
- Thread 4 prawns onto a wooden skewer each.
- When the grill or bbq is fired up and ready, brush the marinade over each side of the prawns then grill until charred.
- Season with salt, freshly ground black pepper and minced coriander.
- Sprinkle some orange juice over for a fresh citrus flavour.
- Serve with loads of fresh chopped coriander and a fruity couscous or quinoa salad.