Hotcakes with Banana and ACV
Lovers of our Caramelised Apple Cider will no doubt fall in love with this stunning recipe adapted from one shared by a friend of mine who makes them regularly.
These fluffy, soft and moist ricotta hotcakes are a gloriously beautiful treat that can be a breakfast, brunch or tea time addition to your repertoire.
Ingredients - makes about 18 hotcakes
- 1 cup SR flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- Full cream milk or cream (just enough to make a thick batter, too much and they’ll be thin)
- 250 g tub ricotta cheese
- Sliced bananas, strawberries or figs
- Latasha’s Kitchen Caramelised Apple Cider Vinegar
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- Thick natural yoghurt, optional
$15.90 – $90.00View / Buy Now
- Combine flour, sugar, egg yolks and enough milk to make a thick batter.
- Mash up ricotta cheese and fold it through. It should look lumpy.
- Beat the egg whites to soft peaks and lightly fold through the mixture.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a heavy pan and pour in spoonfuls or small ladles of the mixture. Cook over a low heat until they look bubbly on the surface then turn them over and cook the other side.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the batter.
- Serve hotcakes as a stack topped with sliced bananas and fresh mint leaves. Then drizzle with Latasha’s Kitchen Caramelised Apple Cider Vinegar.