Grilled Prawns with Pineapple Chimichurri
Fresh prawns with tails intact are skewered then quickly grilled with a combination of oil, salt and pepper. The skewers are then paired with a simple leafy green salad and dressed with a sweet and savoury pineapple chimichurri salsa sauce. Makes a great midweek meal with a side of rice or cauliflower rice.
- 1 kg large prawns, shelled and deveined with tails intact
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Salt and pepper
Pineapple Chimichurri Salsa Sauce
- ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Orange Chimichurri & Jalapeno Relish
- 2 cups tinned chopped pineapple in natural juice or use fresh pineapple
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Coriander leaves
- Red pepper flakes
- Leafy green salad mix
- Make the pineapple chimichurri salsa sauce by placing Latasha’s Kitchen Orange Chimichurri & Jalapeno Relish, extra virgin olive oil and lime juice in the food processor. Pulse until well mixed.
- Transfer into a bowl, add pineapple pieces and some juice then set aside.
- Heat grill to medium high. Thread 4 prawns onto each skewer, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side or until pink and opaque.
- Place on a serving tray and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle over finely chopped coriander leaves and red pepper flakes.
- Serve over green leafy salad with pineapple chimichurri salsa sauce dolloped all over.
- Keep leftover pineapple chimichurri salsa sauce in the fridge for up to a week and use with grilled chicken or beef.
- If using fresh pineapples, grill wedges of the fruit before chopping and adding to the sauce.
- Fresh mango instead of pineapple works well too.
- For an extra spicy twist use Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil instead of extra virgin olive oil in Step 1.