Butter Chilli Mussels or Prawns
Chilli mussels are without a doubt comfort food for many of us. I hope you enjoy making and sharing this recipe with your loved ones. It’s certainly worth sharing.
- Heat 50 g butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil together in a deep saucepan.
- Add 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic, 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots, 2 tablespoons sliced fresh red chillies and either 4 whole diced Roma tomatoes or a tin of baby Roma or Cherry tomatoes (Mutti brand recommended). Fry this mixture for 5 minutes until aromatic, and squash the tomatoes slightly.
- Next add ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Butter Chicken Sauce and one tablespoon sweet paprika and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Then add 1 cup of aged white wine vinegar, bring to a sizzle, and then add 1 kg cleaned mussels or king prawns and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Cover with a lid and cook until mussels open up.
- Add plenty of chopped fresh coriander and a sprinkle of spring onions and add more sliced red chillies or a slug of Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil.
- Serve accompanied by some crusty buttered baguette or garlic bread.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.