Chickpea, Spinach and Tomato Korma
A beautiful veggie chickpea curry using our Korma masala and made creamy with the addition of rich coconut milk and combining either frozen spinach or kale. A super thick, nutritious and healthy vegan curry low in calories and sure to become a weeknight favourite. Winning!
Enjoy with rotis, naans or rice with some yogurt on the side.
Ingredients − Serves 8
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Korma Masala Paste
- 6 x 400 g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 250 g packet frozen spinach or kale
- 400 g roasted tomatoes in olive oil
- 200 ml Ayam coconut cream
- 2 cups water in total
- Salt to taste
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp melted ghee (clarified butter)
$113.40View / Buy Now
- Rinse chickpea thoroughly and drain.
- In a deep saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add Latasha’s Kitchen Korma Masala Paste and ⅓ cup water then allow paste to gently heat for 5 minutes.
- Then add frozen spinach and allow to cook on gentle heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Next add drained chickpeas, mix well then add coconut cream and a little water to rinse the can out. Bring to a gentle simmer, add tomatoes, salt to taste, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Scoop out two ladles of chickpeas and place in a blender. Blend to a smooth paste and pour back into the saucepan. Rinse out the remaining paste in the blender with boiled water and add to the saucepan.
- Add sliced green chilies, a squeeze of lemon juice, ghee and adjust salt to taste.
- Serve with rotis and other accompaniments as desired.