Chicken, tofu and peanut salad
A super addictive Chicken, Tofu and Peanut Salad made so tasty with our peanutty satay dressing.
Simply prepare a mixed salad enough for four portions; as you would for a Gado Gado with at least eight of the salad ingredients. Feel inspired to use fried tempeh, red or Chinese cabbage, chives or even cooked rice noodles. Just always make sure you have enough sauce for everyone.
Ingredients − Serves 4
Mixed salad platters – prepare enough for four portions using at least of eight of the following salad items
- Pineapple pieces
- Cucumber strips
- Red onions, thinly sliced,and sauteed in peanut oil until caramelised
- Fried firm tofu/soya bean cakes, pan fried or use fried tau kwa, cubed
- Bean sprouts, scalded
- Potatoes or sweet potatoes, cubed and boiled
- Long snake beans, chopped into 2-3 cm pieces, scalded
- Spring onions, chopped into 2-3 cm pieces
- Fresh strips of yam bean or jicama, chopped into 2-3 cm pieces
- Mix of mushrooms like enoki and oyster mushrooms, roughly torn
- Pan fried cold omelette, cut in long thin strips
- Leftover bbq chicken or poached chicken tenderloins, roughly torn
- 3 tbsp Peanut oil
- 1 x 350g jar Latasha’s Kitchen Malaysian Satay Simmer Sauce
- 200 ml Ayam coconut milk
- 200 ml water
- 3-4 tbsp good quality peanut paste like Pic’s
- 1-2 tsp palm sugar, crushed
- Juice of ½ lime
- Store bought fried shallots and garlic
- Roasted peanuts
$10.90 – $40.00View / Buy Now
- Place a variety of prepared salad items on four individual wooden serving platters.
- Heat some peanut oil in a saucepan, add Latasha’s Kitchen Malaysian Satay Simmer Sauce and coconut milk and gently heat for 7-10 minutes on low heat. Then add Pic’s peanut paste (smooth or crunchy according to preference) and simmer gently for a few minutes.
- Add palm sugar, lime juice and simmer for a few more minutes. Place in four individual bowls and set on the salad platters.
- Generously spoon over the peanut sauce. Finish with a garnish of fried shallots, garlic and roasted peanuts.