Chicken in Green Curry
A vibrant rustic Indian chicken curry in a green smoothie sauce. Always a hit with customers at indoor tastings, it also works really well with our Korma Paste.
Ingredients − Serves 4
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp heaped Latasha’s Kitchen Madras Curry Paste
- ½ tin Mutti brand cherry tomatoes
- 50 ml water
- 500 g chicken tenderloins, diced into chunks
- 1 x 400 g tin Organic Italian Lentils
- 1 large bag fresh spinach leaves, pureed
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Latasha’s Kitchen Garam Masala (optional)
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- 1-2 green or red chilies, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp melted ghee
- Pouring fresh cream to serve or drizzle 2-3 tbsp Ayam coconut cream
$13.90View / Buy Now
- Heat oil in a deep 2 litre saucepan.
- Add sliced leeks, and when softened, add Latasha’s Kitchen Madras Curry Paste, tinned tomatoes and water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring continually for around 10 minutes or more to release the flavours and to allow a thickish fragrant paste to form.
- Now turn the heat to high, add the diced chicken and mix well to coat the paste, stirring constantly. Cook over high heat for about 4 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink. Mix in the tinned lentils and then pour in the pureed spinach.
- Cover with a lid and simmer on low for 20 minutes until chicken is cooked and the sauce is bubbling away. Add garam masala, grated nutmeg, chopped chillies, and lemon juice.
- Drizzle melted ghee over the top of curry and adjust salt as required.
- Serve with your choice of cream or coconut cream.