Burrata, Chilli and Balsamic Spaghetti
A delightfully quick and simple dish to whip up and impress your friends. Thanks to Donna Hay for this recipe inspiration.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil
- 2 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh red chilli – finely minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 burratas, torn
- One generous bunch of purple sprouting broccolini florets, quickly steamed
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain and return to pan to keep warm.
- Over gentle heat, add Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil and chilli flakes to a fry pan. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Set aside.
- In the same pan fry the minced red chilli for 30 seconds.
- Then add Latasha’s Kitchen Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
- Toss the pasta in this mixture then divide it between 2 bowls.
- Serve topped with garlic crisps, torn pieces of burrata, purple brocollini florets, salt and pepper.
NOTE: Burrata means buttered. It’s mozzarella that’s formed into a pouch and then filled with soft, stringy curd and cream. Look for burrata in Italian markets, cheese shops and in the cheese section of specialty grocery stores.