Thai Red Poached Chicken and Sweet Potato
When you’re feeling like some comfort food … try this easy poached chicken dish which is both soothing and spicy.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Thai Red Curry Paste
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets, fat removed, halved if small otherwise quartered
- 1 x shallot or small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 – 3 cups orange sweet potato, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 140 ml chicken stock
- 140 ml Ayam Coconut Milk
- Big handful of baby spinach leaves
- Steamed rice
- Farmers Union Greek Style All Natural Yoghurt
- Generous handful coriander leaves
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Gently fry the shallot or red onion until soft without browning.
- Add Latasha’s Kitchen Thai Red Curry Paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium and seal the chicken and sweet potato in the pan.
- Stir in the chicken stock and coconut milk then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer gently for 12 minutes or until the chicken and sweet potato are cooked.
- Add baby spinach to the pan and cook a few more minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice, a dollop of yoghurt and sprinkled with coriander leaves.
TIP: If the sweet potato needs longer cooking remove the chicken with a slotted spoon, set aside and add back to the pan with the spinach to reheat.