Red Chilli Relish with Apricot Chicken
This is a gorgeous, quick and fairly simple Sunday lunch idea to whip up especially if you already have some of these staples in your pantry and fridge.
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 cloves Australian garlic, minced
- 3 cm knob of ginger, finely grated
- 3 fresh red chillies, minced
- 1 kg mixed free range chicken pieces
- 120 g Latasha’s Kitchen Red Chilli Onion Relish
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 400 ml apricot nectar
- ½ cup homemade or good quality chicken stock
- 2 tbsp real fruit apricot jam
- ½ small tub of sour cream
- Marinate chicken with Latasha’s Kitchen Red Chilli Onion Relish, lemon juice and crushed black pepper for 15 minutes.
- Heat a wok with sunflower oil and when hot, gently caramelise ginger, garlic and minced chillies.
- To this add the marinated chicken and seal chicken pieces well over a moderate to high flame. Next add chicken stock and apricot nectar and bring to a quick boil. Then simmer with a lid on until chicken is cooked. Stir through apricot jam and sour cream and wait till the sauce thickens.
- Serve with steamed asparagus and arancini balls.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.