Eggplant Kasaundi & Prawn Fry
A medley of sweet and aromatic fragrant spices makes this wonderful savoury chutney perfect for so many creative uses.
Ingredients (Serves 2-4)
- ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Eggplant Kasaundi Chutney
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 clove finely chopped garlic
- 1 whole red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced asparagus
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- Salt to taste
- 125 g fresh cleaned banana prawns
- 2 tbsp water
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Some yoghurt to drizzle (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan, add garlic and red chilli and sauté for a minute.
- Add Latasha’s Kitchen Eggplant Kasaundi Chutney, a little water, asparagus, a few tomato wedges and prawns and stir-fry until prawns are cooked.
- Add salt to taste and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with rice.
- As an alternative to prawns, try stir-frying sliced chicken tenderloin and mushrooms with 2 tablespoons of coconut milk or cream, using the method above.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.