Portobello Mushroom Cups filled with Curried Mince
- 3 medium Portobello mushrooms, stalks finely chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 tsp Latasha’s Kitchen Indonesian Turmeric Paste
- 250 g minced beef
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 100 ml Ayam brand coconut milk
- Palm sugar, grated
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C and grease a large pan. Remove stalks from the mushrooms and chop them. Lightly peel mushrooms and remove brown gills with a spoon. Rub mushrooms with some oil and a sprinkle of salt then pop into a hot oven immediately for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile sauté in oil the shallot, turmeric, half the chilli, Latasha’s Kitchen Indonesian Turmeric Paste and 2 tablespoons water. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes then add the beef mince. Mix well and cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Next add salt, peas and mushroom stalks. Pour in the coconut milk and add the palm sugar. Cook until the mince and peas are well cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- Cool the mixture. Stuff the mushrooms and bake for 10 minutes at 200˚C.
- Serve the mushrooms hot, garnished with chopped coriander leaves and chilli.
TIP: Make a coconut sauce by lightly heating ¼ cup coconut milk in the microwave, with a pinch of palm sugar and a good pinch of turmeric. Drizzle over the top to serve.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.