Minced Beef Kheema with Peas
Ingredients − Serves 4
- 3 tbsp oil or ghee
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 cloves
- 5 cardamoms
- 1 red chilli, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp Kashmir chilli powder or smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2-3 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Biriyani Masala Paste
- 600 g beef mince
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 200 ml Ayam Coconut Milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Large handful of fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
$113.40View / Buy Now
- In a deep saucepan, add oil or ghee, crushed fennel seeds, cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamoms.
- Then add onions, chilli, a pinch of salt and cook until onion caramelises, approx. 10 minutes.
- Next add ginger and garlic, cook for a minute then add the spice powders, Latasha’s Kitchen Biriyani Masala Paste and a generous sprinkle of water until the paste is matured and thick.
- Now add the mince and fry the meat in the paste until every piece of mince is well browned. Stir in diced potatoes, tomatoes and coconut milk. Bring to a boil then simmer the Kheema on low to medium heat with a lid on for 45 minutes until the oil floats to the top.
- Add peas, then turn the heat up slightly and dry off some of the juice in the pan until the Kheema is not too runny approx. 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice and add salt to taste.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.