Coriander Egg Curry
An inviting and simple egg curry. There are numerous egg curries enjoyed by Indians but this Coriander Egg Curry is sure to be a keeper. The combination of heady spices along with the onion-tomato base finished with coconut milk and fresh coriander leaves gives this curry a unique flavour combination that is both hearty and comforting at the same time.
- 5 hard boiled eggs, peeled then make small slits lengthwise
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 large brown onion, finely grated
- 1 green chilli, minced
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp medium hot red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1½ tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Coriander Curry Paste
- 30 ml water
- 1 tomato, finely grated
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 3 tbsp tamarind juice
- 1 cup water
- 200 ml Ayam brand coconut milk
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- In a deep saucepan add 1 tablespoon coconut oil. When slightly hot, add the boiled eggs and pan fry until golden brown on all sides. Remove and keep aside.
- Add the remaining coconut oil to the same pot. Once hot, sprinkle in mustard seeds and as they start to pop, add the cumin and fenugreek seeds.
- Place the grated onion and minced green chillies into the pot and sauté for 10 minutes on gentle heat, with a pinch of salt.
- Then add red chilli and turmeric powders, combine well then stir in Latasha’s Kitchen Coriander Curry Paste. Pour in 30 ml water, cook for 2-3 minutes add grated tomato and cook for another 15 minutes on low.
- Add tomato puree, tamarind juice, 1 cup water and bring to a boil on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Cover with a lid and cook on low flame for 5 minutes. Keep checking and stirring to ensure it does not stick to the pan.
- Add the pan-fried boiled eggs and coconut milk and simmer for 15 minutes or until the gravy turns thick. Turn off the heat.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with rice, naan or roti.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.