Cauliflower Leaf Curry
Ingredients [Serves 2]
Leaves of 1 cauliflower
Salted, boiling water
½ cup of sliced mushrooms (if desired)
1 teaspoon butter
2 teaspoons Latasha’s Kitchen Homestyle Curry Paste
½ cup coconut milk
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- Trim off any undesirable parts of the leaves (blemished, brown, limp). Separate the tougher ‘ribs’ of the leaf from the leaves themselves, but don’t discard those either. Wash everything thoroughly then shake off excess water. Cut into smaller pieces as you prefer.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to the boil and add the trimmed ‘ribs’. When they are tender, add in the leaves and cook those until they are slightly wilted.
- At this point, you can choose to strain, place on a plate and serve with a knob of butter and some cracked pepper and it will be perfectly acceptable as a side dish to your main meal.
BUT if you really want a powerhouse of flavour … !!
- Heat a frypan (I used the same pot as I used for boiling the leaves and tossed out the water) and add two teaspoons of Latasha’s Kitchen Homestyle Curry Paste. Add a teaspoon of butter and fry to release the curry paste aromas. Add mushrooms.
- Return the leaves and ribs back to the pan and toss through, allowing everything to be coated in the curry paste.
- Add half a cup of coconut cream and stir through for a few minutes, enjoying the aromas as they waft up from the pot.
- Transfer cauliflower and mushrooms to a plate and pour the sauce over the top.
- Garnish with chopped coriander. Spectacular!
This dish can be enjoyed on its own for a light lunch or served as a side dish to get those important vegies into your day.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.