Cauliflower, Eggplant and Chickpea Curry
Cauliflower, Eggplant and Chickpea Curry is mellow, tasty and yummy. It has a lovely texture and is an easy meal for a wintry day.
Ingredients − Serves 4
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ fennel bulb, sliced finely
- 3-4 coriander roots and stems, finely chopped
- 600 g purple striped eggplant, cut into 3 cm chunks
- 2 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Biriyani Masala Paste
- 1-2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1-2 tsp turmeric powder
- 700 g cauliflower, cut into 3 cm florets
- 400 g tin chickpeas
- 400 ml Ayam coconut milk
- 1 cup water – use to rinse out coconut milk tin
- Freshly ground black pepper and Himalayan pink salt, to taste
- Juice ½ lime
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves and lime wedges to garnish
- Steamed basmati rice to serve
$113.40View / Buy Now
- Heat oil in a large pan over low-medium heat. Add fennel, coriander roots and stems and cook down gently until soft. Push aside in pan.
- Increase heat to medium, add eggplant and cook stirring for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add Latasha’s Kitchen Biriyani Masala Paste, sweet paprika and turmeric powder. Stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Combine cauliflower and chickpeas with the eggplant mixture. Stir in the coconut milk and water. Bring to the boil and simmer covered for 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender with some crunch.
- Season with pepper and salt and add lime juice.
- Garnish generously with coriander leaves, lime wedges and serve with steamed rice.